Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 22, 2011

All About Me

Here are pictures from Mother's Day a couple of weeks ago and my birthday last week.


My four pretty girls
I'm so blessed to have such wonderful children. I love being their mother.



Me and my girly-girls.

(When I saw this picture I was horrified to see how ridiculous I looked with a white skirt and black shoes. They're the only pair I have and I've always had dark skirts so I didn't think twice when the girls talked me into buying matching white skirts and wearing them on Mother's Day. Now I have to figure something else out before I wear it again. Any suggestions?)


On my birthday Nathan and the boys put new tubes in my tires and pumped them up. Bike rides are my favorite activity, so this was a welcome birthday present for me.



Going on a bike ride while the chicken enchiladas cooked--my choice of birthday dinner.


The quadruple chocolate cake I made while Nathan took the kids to buy my presents. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, chocolate covered sugar wafers, and chocolate chips. Delicious!


About 8 years ago I got a ziplock bag full of candles at a yard sale for 25 cents. After Nathan's birthday 6 weeks ago he asked if we could please splurge and buy a new box of candles. I happened to be at the store that morning and remembered so I got the cheapest box: 36 for 99cents. The kids were thrilled that there were enough for my age (32). So Nathan had to put them all on and light them, even though we usually just do a handful.



Amazingly I blew them all out in one breath. I don't remember the last time I did that, even when we only put a few on.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Happy Birthday & Happy Mothers Day! :)