Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter and the Beach

Last week my sister was here from Wyoming for her spring break. We had beautiful weather and one thing she wanted to do was to go to the beach. To all my Texas friends, I have to say how wonderful it is to live only 2 hours from the beach. We packed up in the morning, drove down during Kaitlyn's morning nap, played for 4 hours, and drove home during her afternoon nap. To my North Carolina friends who are shocked that we went to the beach, I have to admit that we've lived here for 4 years and it's the first time I've ever taken my kids to the beach even though others go the first week they move in. I guess I've always had an excuse: gas is too expensive, it'll be too crowded there, I'm pregnant and sick, I'm nursing a new baby, I don't know where the good beaches are, whatever. I'm glad I finally had an excuse to go. We had a great time.


















Easter Sunday



Trish had braided the girls' hair the night before. It looked awesome.


Lexi and I set up the primary room while Nathan and the older kids did choir practice. I had some time to take her picture and she desperately wanted Kaitlyn in it with her, but Kaitlyn wasn't agreeable.


Kaitlyn on the way home.


Kylie's cinnamon roll hair-do.


Our camera was malfunctioning so none of the pictures turned out that great. It would zoom in on it's own, not focus, do whatever it wanted and I didn't want. But here's the best one of all the kids.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish is really great at that fancy hair thing!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Marci! In all our Florida years, I found that beach-going was the BEST cheapest family activity ever. It felt so special every time, like going to an amusement park without the expense. I really miss those days. Enjoy yours!

I wanted to let you know I've resurrected my old Sunday blog: http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com. With our return to the states next month, I'm looking so forward to resuming many of my favorite things - including following the delightful exploits of your beautiful clan. Love, Aunt Mona

Net said...

Um, those are some seriously cool hair-styles! Oh how I wish I could french-braid!

Charlotte said...

I miss the ocean!

Seriously col hairstyles, though. I might give the cinnamon roll a try.