Week by week

Week by week

Monday, May 9, 2011

Trying out the new camera on Thomas

Our old camera was stuck on a close up zoom and wouldn't focus very well or view the pictures or delete. I was supposedly having a day off to run errands all by myself, so while I was at Target I looked at cameras. While I was talking to the salesperson, my "emergency" trac phone rang 3 times. Twice it was Nathan asking me where the trimmer line was for the edger and other things like that. The third call was from Kylie, asking me to come home because "All the kids are being bad and Daddy is mowing the lawn."

A note about him mowing the lawn: our riding mower is broken yet again and I want to go get a nice one that will suffice for this yard and the house we want with 20 acres. Nathan wants to wait until after we actually buy the house, if we do. In the meantime he wants to get a push mower, but I say no way! I pushed one of those our first summer here and got migraines from the exertion and heat. Our ditches are way too big and difficult for a push mower. To settle this, I told him to borrow one and see for himself. So that was why he was mowing the lawn that day. Ordinarily, I do all the mowing. So I should pick the mower, right? It took Nathan almost 2 hours (takes me 35 minutes) and he still wasn't convinced. But he didn't even do the ditches because they were full of water, so it wasn't a fair trial.

Back to my story, I was frustrated from being interrupted so many times and the fact that somehow the kids could not get Nathan's attention enough for him to come inside and take care of them. It was 1:00 and nobody had eaten lunch yet (they get super ornery if they don't eat by 11.) I was embarrased that three times I had to answer the phone in front of that nice salesguy. So when Kylie sounded desperate (although I knew she wasn't because she baby-sits plenty well, I just think she didn't want to), I grabbed the only camera on sale and it happened to be one of their cheaper ones anyway. Although I had been planning on buying a really nice one to last a long time, I didn't want to look at them any longer and I knew it would be awhile before I got back out to go camera shopping, so I just grabbed a $100 one. Funny that it's the cheapest camera we've bought in our 11 years of marriage and it's also the best. Twice the megapixels, memory, and other things than our last one.
It rained that afternoon so I tried it out on Thomas who was hanging out on the porch while the rest of the kids were out in the rain.






















2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

He is so adorable! And it looks like the camera's pretty good. :)

Kira said...

There is no such thing as a day off, really.