Week by week

Week by week

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Week ending 3-22-20

We had a great week! I hate to say that though with all the depressing news and anxiety about the economy and such. I feel bad for those who are sick, out of a job, hating being thrust into homeschooling, etc. It's hard for me to be happy with all that's going on. But when I don't think of that I think we really did have a great week. I love having no scheduled activities, meetings, events going on. I love having all my kids home every day. I know the classes they took at the public school were good for them (orchestra, band, theater) as I couldn't teach those at home, but I hated having to pay attention to their schedule and plan around it. This week was wonderful not having any of that. We did school until lunch, got the school lunch and brought it home, cleaned up, then played all afternoon. Kids had plenty of time to practice their instruments, organize their closets, do yard work, and do projects like cross-stitch. We all ate dinner together at 5, watched the news, and then had time for a long scripture study and tuck-ins. Everyone was cheerful, cooperative and easy going. It was quite a peaceful, relaxing week despite all that's going on. Oh, and we had an earthquake on Wednesday! The first one we've ever felt.
Last Sunday: While we tried to have a little church Andy and Talea would hold hands and sing the ABC song really loud. Then they'd laugh and start over. Nathan would carry them both into the front room and they'd go out the front room and back into the living room through the garage, still singing loudly and laughing. They were hilarious and adorable. I didn't get a great picture but it was funny. 
In the evening we went to an extended family gathering. I thought it would be fun to make this a regular thing while not having church but apparently not as now we can't gather with more than 10 people. Glad we at least went last week and catch up with everyone. 
Nathan's mom was in town from Florida so it was great to be able to see her. 
Cousins! 
 


Talea asked me to take this picture after she flopped over the couch.  
We had a movie party for FHE, watching the season finale of Relative Race. 
After getting the little kids in bed I went to the store. It was fairly well stocked except for the freezer aisles. I didn't need anything there anyway, but I took these pictures to show the kids. We were all curious about what the stores looked like after watching the news. 
All the sweet cereals were gone but there were plenty of Cheerios, my kids' favorite. 
Tuesday: We got the grab 'n go sack lunches from the school and took them to nature school. It was so relaxing sitting in the sun eating and talking. Later we read while the little kids played in the creek. 
Sitting and singing.  
What a great life. Sitting and reading and enjoying the sun. 

Thomas and Madalyn playing swords. 

Random selife Tilly wanted. 
Saturday: Our neighbors are building a tree house so Andy asked Nathan to build one too. They worked on it all day and it's coming along. It's just going to be a little platform in a tree since we're just renting.  

No comments: