Week by week

Week by week

Friday, April 3, 2009

Nathan's Birthday


Nathan turned 32 on Monday, March 30, but had to work from 8am-11pm in the MICU. So we decided to bring dinner to him at work. I made chicken alfredo pizza per his request and met him in the cafeteria at 5pm. Here's a picture of the kids as we were waiting for him. They were so cute and well behaved and I loved watching them eagerly await Daddy's arrival.


A guy from our ward came over to the vending machines and saw us and offered to take our picture. We didn't sing Happy Birthday to embarrass Nathan, but the dinner and cookies turned out great. And I didn't even forget to bring anything. :)


Afterward Nathan showed us around the hospital because even though we've been here for almost two years, we've seen very little of it. He showed us the MCU, resident's lounge, call room, his locker, fun stuff like that. :) The kids loved it all and asked a bunch of questions. Here they look out over the entrance and parking lot below.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

I remember going to eat with Peter during residency. It seems like we all got to eat at the cafeteria for free when he worked weekends or holidays. The kids always got a blast out of going to dad's work to eat.

Glad you had fun.

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I may have to "borrow" it sometime. You're very sweet to take dinner on the road like that.

Kara said...

Amen to what Aubrey said! I'm going to have to remember this wonderful idea!

Jenny said...

Loved the sunday stations idea- You are so creative and such a fun mom Marcie! I hope you are doing well!

Sally said...

How fun! What a nice birthday treat! And what a great-looking family :)

cheryl said...

The food looks so yummy too. I think I need the recipe. I love the matching outfits. We'll be anxious to hear where Nathan gets matched