Week by week

Week by week

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nathan's Interview

I don't think I've ever posted without a picture, but I wanted to tell you what's going on in Nathan's life. He has applied for the nephrology program here and last Wednesday he had an interview for it. Rather, he had many interviews for it. He spent the day interviewing with 7 attending physicians and program people. Since they already know him really well, he said it actually wasn't that bad. He feels it went really well. He called me at 10:30am and said I could come along to lunch so I quickly found a friend to watch the kids and went to lunch with him at 11:30. I loved it! I got to meet the other fellows, two from each year, and ask them a lot of questions about the fellowship. It sounds a lot easier than residency. Nathan had been concerned about doing two more years of clinicals when he feels research is his strength, but hearing about the schedule and responsibilities got him more excited about it. I left feeling really excited as well. Suddenly I really wanted him to get it. The bad news is that there are only 2 positions and lots of people interviewing. The good news is that they frequently hire from here. If he doesn't get it we'll know it was the Lord's will and he can go straight to research instead, which he'd be really happy with too. Match Day is June 17, so that's when we'll find out. The position would start July 1, 2010.

5 comments:

RobinsonRugrats said...

I love this post (even w/out pictures) b/c you guys might be staying here! Yay! I will keep you guys in my prayers b/c I really want you to stay. Love ya!

Kara said...

Me too! I want you to stay if I'm staying too! :)

Sara Lyn said...

That will be so hard to wait! We'll be praying that he'll get it if the Lord wills.

Susan said...

How exciting! Won't it be nice when all the training and interviewing is over??? :) We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Mona said...

Wow! We are excited too! Our prayers are with you dear ones!