Week by week

Week by week

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Standardized Tests

In North Carolina homeschooled students have to be tested annually. The girls love it. We test in my bedroom, where it's the quietest. They take turns using my desk or my bed. They arrange their papers, pencil, and eraser. Then they laugh as I read the directions because they're very repetitive and tell you to do the simplest things. They also laugh at some of the questions, especially the easy sample ones. I'm glad they enjoy it. We don't have to turn in the scores or anything, but I guess have them in case we ever wanted to enroll in public school. Last year they did great and it's nice to know where their strengths and weaknesses are compared to other kids in their grade. I also like to know what things we need to focus on more in our school or things they missed from just being careless.


Last week we had our testing week for this year. It was nice because we didn't do much schoolwork besides the tests and we had ample time to play afterward. I thought they were so cute filling in their little bubbles. Here Kylie does her 4th grade test.


Madalyn doing her 3rd grade test on my bed.

6 comments:

Kara said...

I wish I could have done my testing on my mom's bed. Much less stress than in a classroom! :)

Sara Lyn said...

Your homeschool is so much fun!

Sally said...

Wow, they love testing! You don't hear THAT too often! :D

Hilary said...

Marcie - I just checked your blog for the first time in a long time. I'm so sorry about little Julianne! Since we were due about the same time, I thought I'd check to see if you had had your baby. What a shock to see you un-pregnant. That is always a mother's worst fear, isn't it. I loved how you included your older children in saying goodbye. You are such a great mom. I hope you are feeling comfort and peace. And it is sweet to see your little Thomas and read how he is loving his time with his mommy. Say hello to the kids! Sometime we will meet up again . . .

David said...

Wait a second! Kylie isn't in 4th grade and Madalyn isn't in 3rd! At least age wise. Man, I don't know if you kids will be allowed around mine--it'd make mine look not smart. You have a bunch of geniuses!

Marina said...

That's great you have been able to instill such a love of learning in them! Keep up the good work!