Week by week

Week by week

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Airplanes and Airports

Wednesday night of that same week I decided around midnight to fly out to Utah for my grandmother's funeral. The next morning I arranged baby-sitters (thank you Julie and Sandi!) and left for the airport at 11:30. I took Thomas because he was free and we had a great time.


Not a great picture, but we sat by a cute young couple who took our picture on the first flight.


Thomas in the cockpit. Not sure what he's supposed to do.



Entertaining himself during the 2 1/2 hour layover in D.C. He can't walk past something that can be pushed. He has to stop and push it. And even after 30 minutes of letting him push it around and apologizing to the people he's bumping into, he still screams when I pull him away from it.



Here I had grabbed the handle to keep him from running over people and to try to persuade him to stop playing with the carts and find something else to do. Instead he sat on the ground and tried to pull it.

I wanted to call Nathan because he would be just getting home from work and I wanted to see how things were going before I got on our next flight. I had to stick Thomas up by the phone so that he wouldn't run away while I was talking. He didn't seem to mind. :)

As soon as I was off the phone and wanting to find our gate, Thomas found something else to push around and play with: some sort of wheelchair. It was really hard to get him to follow me or ever do what I wanted because he's entered the "no" stage, but we finally made it. We had a long, tiring flight to Denver, another 2 1/2 hour layover, then a short flight to SLC. By the time we landed it was 11pm local time, 1am our time and we were exhausted! But very happy to be in Utah too. It had been 5 years and I've missed it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL - That pic of Thomas in the phone booth is priceless! Even the pictures of your kids when they are sick are adorable.

cheryl said...

How cute is he!