Week by week

Week by week

Monday, May 25, 2009

Meanwhile...

We've been having a blast here at home without them. We've gone to the library, the park, Sonic, and other places. We've watched movies and eaten popcorn, candy, ice cream, and cookies. We've painted fingernails and played games. Madalyn keeps wishing they would stay in Florida longer. :)


Thursday: Eating lunch at the park after going to the library.


Grocery shopping with only 3 kids! (and about half the food:))

Friday: Going to the strawberry patch

I think I've lost count of how many times we've been there, but I think we have enough in the freezer to last the winter now.

Thomas hanging out the window at the strawberry patch.

Buying mulch at Lowes.

Oops. I guess I wasn't looking through at the screen when I took this picture.


The kids insist on getting the mulch to the checkout by themselves.


Alexis learning to ride a two-wheeler to surprise Kylie and Spencer when they get home. We went to an undeveloped cul-de-sac to have a lot of practice on a smooth street away from traffic.

Saturday: Chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese dinner--a treat!

Wwatching a movie with popcorn and cookies

After an early dinner, baths and jammies, we settle in for an evening of a movie, popcorn, curlers in the hair, and little manicures.

Today: Ice cream!!



6 comments:

Kara said...

I'm coming to live at your house! Can I show up tomorrow--say around 10:00AM-ish?? :)

Sally said...

How fun! You know what is hilarious to me? You make it look "easy" to have three kids!! :D And I love the pics of Thomas--I can tell he's in a fun, easy-going stage...or so it appears :)

Sara Lyn said...

I can't believe how old Alexis is looking! What fun you had!

Jen H said...

What fun. People have commented to me whenever I have a party when I only have one or two kids for a while (since most people only have 1-2 normally). I think it is awesome that I am not the only one (granted you are way ahead of me with 5 and I don't think we will catch up any time soon. :)

Your kids are all so cute and you are the most fun mom ever! (I knew in college that you would be though!)

cheryl said...

That does look fun. Can I come join?

Charlotte said...

It is always amazing how much easier it is when a few of the kiddlets are gone. Since you homeschool, I guess you never get the break for school, either. I always laugh when people are amazed that I brave the store with my two preschoolers. They have no idea that just two is a huge break from the other option.

Glad you enjoyed your staycation!